Petroleum Economist’s Sponsored Content section is the result of a collaborative effort with advertisers to create valuable resources that are read, shared, and respected by industry leaders.
Petroleum Economist’s Sponsored Content is educational in nature and focused on trends and technologies.
Petroleum Economist reserves the right to reject materials that do not comply with our content standards and technical specifications.
Petroleum Economist ensures each piece of content fits our style and appeals to readers.
If you are interested in this section, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Standards & Guidelines:
In addition to the general advertising guidelines established by Petroleum Economist, the standards listed below apply to Sponsored Content.
- All Sponsored Content, regardless of platform, will comply with Petroleum Economist's guiding principles:
- Transparency. All Sponsored Content and marketing messages will be clearly and distinctly differentiated from independent news content.
- Independence. No Petroleum Economist journalist will participate in the production, editing or promotion of customized content or an advertorial. Sponsor agenda and/or concern will neither dictate nor delay editorial direction.
- Editorial judgment. Petroleum Economist maintains the right to reject any program, advertiser or speaker whose presence would compromise the Petroleum Economist brand.
- All Sponsored Content will be appropriately labeled and distinguished from Petroleum Economist editorial content in form, function and placement through the use of different type fonts, colors and graphics.
- Paid programming, advertorials, and sponsored programs/segments will be clearly and prominently labelled as advertising. No Sponsored Content will imply endorsement of any product or service by Petroleum Economist, nor will it feature any recognizable Petroleum Economist names or logos.
- Petroleum Economist may, in its sole discretion, allow the use of a Petroleum Economist Custom Content logo to be used in Sponsored Content. The design and placement of such logo will be at the discretion of Petroleum Economist, and any and all such uses shall be subject to Petroleum Economist's prior written approval.
- All Sponsored Content must be approved in advance and in writing by a Petroleum Economist Custom Content editor before it appears on any Petroleum Economist medium.
- Sponsored Content is neither produced by nor contributed to by any editorial team member of any Petroleum Economist medium, nor does it necessarily reflect the views of the editors of any Petroleum Economist medium. A disclaimer similar to the following will be included with all Sponsored Content: "A sponsor paid for the creation and placement of the content on this page. No editorial member of any Petroleum Economist medium contributed to any part of its creation, and it does not necessarily reflect the editorial views of Petroleum Economist or any of its affiliated entities."
- Petroleum Economist may, in its sole discretion, include a more detailed disclaimer with certain Sponsored Content.
- Petroleum Economist reserves the right to refuse or remove any program, advertiser or speaker that in any way: (i) disparages, defames or discredits Petroleum Economist or its products or services or otherwise compromises- in quality or presence- Petroleum Economist's brand or (ii) is false, misleading, deceptive or illegal.
- Where Sponsored Content allows user participation, the moderation and functionality of this element will be determined and implemented solely by Petroleum Economist and will be subject to the general Terms of Service for the applicable Petroleum Economist medium.
- In the case of Sponsored events, sponsors will be clearly identified to all on-site participants and in marketing materials tied to the relevant conference or event in language that indicates their role as underwriters. Petroleum Economist does not guarantee speaking roles or other on-stage participation for paying sponsors and maintains editorial control and veto power.