Related Articles
Forward article link
Share PDF with colleagues

Baker Hughes shareholders do maths over GE deal

General Electric's plan to merge its oil and gas division with Baker Hughes should be a boon for the oilfield services company amid testing times for the sector. But Baker Hughes shareholders may need some convincing

While global oil and gas M&A activity remains lacklustre one of the world's largest conglomerates is bucking the trend by planning to merge its oil and gas division with oilfield services provider Baker Hughes. If the $32bn deal, which is expected to close next year, goes ahead General Electric (GE) will take a 62.5% stake in Baker Hughes, paying $7.4bn to fund a one-time cash dividend of $17.50 per share to the oilfield services firm's existing shareholders. Baker Hughes, which will retain the remaining 37.5% share, will become the world's second largest oilfield equipment and services firm. Schlumberger remains the largest, in terms of market capitalisation, while Halliburton will sl

Also in this section
Energy Web Atlas Partners with Stanford University’s Natural Gas Initiative to Leverage LNG Real-Time Global Project Information
12 April 2018
Gulf Publishing Company, a leading provider of data and technical information for the global energy industry, announced today that Energy Web Atlas (EWA) has entered into a partnership with Stanford University’s Natural Gas Initiative (NGI). EWA is a platform that allows users to examine real-time natural gas project information.
KPC—outside the political bubble
3 April 2018
Kuwait Petroleum Corporation is expanding its global footprint as it targets increased domestic oil and gas capacity
Adnoc opens up
28 March 2018
The company now faces a group-wide transformation