Related Articles
Forward article link
Share PDF with colleagues

BG eyes production ramp-ups as profits slump

The UK company's operating profit was down 12% year-on-year in the fourth quarter of 2012

BG Group is targeting production increases from its megaprojects in Brazil and Australia to help it boost flagging profits. The UK company’s operating profit for the fourth quarter of 2012 was down 12% year-on-year to $1.8 billion, mainly because of lower output from its North Sea and Egypt operations. The company’s profit for the year came in 4% higher than in 2011, to just over $8bn. Revenue and other operating income fell by 5% to $4.8bn in the fourth quarter of 2012, due to fewer liquefied natural gas (LNG) cargo deliveries and a 2% decrease in overall production in the period, BG said. The group’s full-year income was just under $19bn, an increase of 7% from 2011.  Increased LNG output

Also in this section
Bring on the deals
25 November 2016
Conditions are right for a surge in M&A activity in 2017, despite lingering uncertainty over valuations
ONGC's lucky mascot
16 November 2016
India's multinational oil and gas firm bought its first offshore rig in 1973. Since then, the Sagar Samrat has become a stalwart for the country's oil output
Baker Hughes shareholders do maths over GE deal
15 November 2016
General Electric's plan to merge its oil and gas division with Baker Hughes should be a boon for the oilfield services company amid testing times for the sector. But Baker Hughes shareholders may need some convincing