BG eyes production ramp-ups as profits slump

08 February 2013

The UK company's operating profit was down 12% year-on-year in the fourth quarter of 2012

Helen Robertson, LONDONBG Group is targeting production increases from its megaprojects in Brazil and Australia to help it boost flagging profits. The UK company’s operating profit for the fourth quarter of 2012 was down 12% year-on-year to $1.8 billion, mainly because of lower output from its North Sea and Egypt operations. The company’s profit for the year came in 4% higher than in 2011, to just over $8bn. Revenue and other operating income fell by 5% to $4.8bn in the fourth quarter of 2012, due to fewer liquefied natural gas (LNG) cargo deliveries and a 2% decrease in overall production in the period, BG said. The group’s full-year income was just under $19bn, an increase of 7% from 2011.  Increased LNG output boosted BG’s total full-year production by 3%, to 657,000 barrels of oil equivalent a day (boe/d), as strong Japanese demand drove up margins. Production fell in the fourth quarter,...



Please log in to read the rest of this article or if you are new to Petroleum Economist, take advantage of one week's free access and register here

If you have any queries about your account or problems registering please contact Alastair Noakes on +44(0)20 7779 8007 or anoakes@petroleum-economist.com

Login here


You must login to your account to read the rest of the article.


Login

Register here


Create your online account to gain 7 days FREE access 

Register

Related Articles




 

Latest issue: December 2015/January 2016

Political troubles to dictate 2016 oil markets

Supply and demand has ruled the market since mid-2014, but politics are about to take over again


View online now